Monday: Salmon with a Pesto Parmesan crust, and homemade Cole slaw
Tuesday: Nachos Grande and Tacos
Wednesday: Hotdogs (church night) 🙂
Thursday: Chicken Divan and side corn
Friday: Shrimp Scampi over pasta and a Salad
This summer has been tons of fun, but it is over. BUSY season coming and I need to be responsible. I spent a lot of time in Proverbs 31 this Summer and I really feel God has wired women in the house to order the house. It is in our job description (and not men’s so don’t be mad when they can’t coordinate a side dish with dinner). Sooooo back to being the woman of this house. I am woman hear me roar!!!
Those who know me know that I take DINNER TIME as numero Uno priority in this house. I truly feel that Dinner time HAS TO be eaten as a family! If we can’t have one time of the day where we all sit and hear each other talk and share, then we have to evaluate our schedules BIG TIME. Sooooo Back to Meal Planning.
So come back if you want to see some of my Monday Menus back on the blog.
And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the Lord’s glory, are being transformed into his likeness with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit. 2 Corinthians 3:18
Sanctification! (and yes I said it in my head like an old time preacher).
Transforming power of the Spirit. I love this one because it says “being transformed”. I am being transformed. We are BEING transformed continually. Into HIS likeness! With Increasing Glory which comes from the Lord. Well, if that doesn’t come full circle what does??
The transformed in this texts is the Greek: metamorphoo. Which of course made me think if metamorphosis, which of course made me think of a butterfly.
A caterpillar into a butterfly. Wow! Now that is a transformation.
I have spent the day thinking about the contrast between a caterpillar and a butterfly and the amazing process it takes to transform from one to the other.
And I just love the parallel! The “before” was so….., well, I don’t want to hurt the caterpillars feelings, so I will just leave it alone. But then, the transformation begins. It spins a cocoon, and that cocoon is like God’s Word; it surrounds the caterpillar, shielding it from all outside worldly factors that could harm it. The cocoon lets the once caterpillar grow, and change, into something so beautiful, that it truly is a work of God. A masterpiece. Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come! 2 Cor 5:17
In that tranformation comes out probably one of the most beautiful things ever seen, a butterfly! It’s not a minor alteration! It’s a New Creation. I am a new creation.
I never finished posting the questions but no one seemed to notice either…so I am assuming no one is missing them.
Topic: Offerings and Sacrifices
- Which offering was an act of worship of recognition of God’s PROVISION?
- Which offering Burnt, Grain, Fellowship, Sin, or Guilt was specific to your economic status?
- How many sacrifices were voluntary verse mandatory?
- What did the owner of the animal do while the priest sacrificed it?
- When a calf, lamb or goat was born, how long does it stay with its mother before it is a candidate for a sacrifice?
- Who took Moses out of the water?
- Who nursed Moses?
- Who was Moses father-in law?
- When Moses came down the mountain the second time, why were the Israelites afraid to go near him?
- Names Moses wife?
Topic: The Golden Calf
- What did the Lord call the Israelites who worshipped the Golden Calf?
- When the Israelites got to Mt Sinai how many days were they to “prepare” themselves for the meeting of the Lord?
- Which tribe strapped a sword on his side and killed his brothers, friends and neighbors?
- After the Golden Calf, God said he would nt go with them, but that they should still go to the Promise Land. How would they know which way to go?
- When Moses came down the mountain the first time, who was the first person to speak to him?
- WHat was the name of the wood the tabernacle was made of?
- What were the priests to do with the showbread after the week was up?
- How many candles on the lampstand?
- VISUAL (on a blank model of the Tabernacle, put the elements on the proper spot)
- Name 1 of the 2 men gifted with the Spirit to build the pieces of the Tabernacle